Q & A FOR TALENT
HOW DOES THE PAYMENT PROCESS WORK?
The payment process is also listed in each casting call. Each model must check that they read the payment process in order to get the audition info. The number of days each client is expected to pay All Around Talent is listed in your payment process. It ranges from 20 to 60 days depending on the client. If they pay sooner, you will be paid sooner. Don't forget to add a few days for us to process it and for it to reach you in the mail. Models that call or email asking where their payment is prior to the expected date will simply be disregarded. Our clients do not pay early. The payment rate is clearly stated on each casting breakdown. When models register for each casting they are agreeing to work for the rate stated as a contractor for that job. Please plan your finances accordingly. All payments are mailed to the address you put on your W9 form. We will not contact you to let you know that we are going to send payment out; it will just come. If you need to we suggest you count the days and mark it down somewhere.
HOW LONG DOES THE PAYMENT TAKE?
- If we receive payment in 20 to 45 days, it usually takes us about 1 or 2 additional days to process it. Then you have to allow time for your payment to be received via the mail. Therefore you will need to add 2 to 6 days (depending on where you live) to receive it in the mail. Contact you local post office if you have questions about how long the mail takes. Please do not be scared to use your calendars; many of you don't before you call/email and should. We do not actually mail the checks ourselves. The bank mails them to you on our behalf, so they do not literally come from our office. If the payment is not to you within the expected pay period and its our fault we will consider alternate means of getting you paid faster if need be. However if payment is late due to reasons which are the fault of the clients, then we will not do any alternate forms of payment as this is no fault of our own. . At this time we do NOT wire money to models accounts for direct deposit.
HOW DO I INQUIRE ABOUT A PAYMENT?
Please do not just send a quick email saying "Where is my payment". You must address the inquiry with the following so we can answer your question properly:
- date of audition
- dates of actual job
- brand you worked for
- location of the job
WHAT HAPPENS IF THE CLIENT PAYS LATE?
The majority of time our clients pay in the time frame they inform us they will pay. Unfortunately on rare occasion they pay late for a variety of reasons. Keep in mind its not only your payment that is late; its ours too. Obviously we will do everything in our power to obtain funds owed in this scenario. All Around Talent does not pay talent late fees nor will be held accountable for late payments or lack of payments. Payments not received from a client will go to collections and if unsuccessful in collections, we will pursue payment with legal action. This has never occurred. This is a timely process that is a burden for all parties involved. No payments will be made to talent until the funds are collected from the client. We do not pay talent in advance.
HOW LONG TO I HAVE TO AND ADDRESS A PAYMENT ERROR?
Any errors or missing payments must be addressed within 1 calendar year of the event. Checks not cashed within 3 months of the issue date will need to be re-issued and a $25 re-issue fee will be subtracted from your re-issued check. Any incidents that are addressed to us 1 year after the job took place will be disregarded and payment will not be issued. IE. If you contact us on May 2016 for the first time regarding a job you did May of 2015, we will not look into this matter and payment will not be issued.
CAN I WORK DIRECTLY WITH THE CLIENT?
NO! Models are absolutely prohibited from working directly with clients we introduce you to as a model in the same or similar capacity. Basically models are not permitted to work "behind our backs" with the very people we introduce you to. This is common practice in our industry. Those found in breach of agreement will be assigned a minimum of 20% (and a maximum of 50%) of your total wages for the job which you were in breach of. Should a model refuse to pay this penalty fee, the payment will be turned over to a collection agency and if need be an attorney will retained. Any fees incurred by All Around Talent due to a models breach of agreement will be the responsibility of the model. When a model agrees to work with us for any job they agree to this policy.
WHEN SHOULD I CALL, EMAIL OR TEST IF MY PAYMENT IS LATE?
If its been 10 business days past the expected payment time. Be sure to call us at 818.470.1911 to state that its been 10 business days past the expected time and you are not sure where your check is. We will try to look it up immediately! This means you should be calling at day 80 or day 55 depending on the payment time for that job. PLEASE DO NOT CALL BEFORE THEN, IT WILL BE DISREGARDED! Trust us when we say we wish they paid faster. REMEMBER, we don't get paid until you do. PLAN YOUR FINANCES appropriately. Payments are not normally late, but that does happen from time to time due to errors that are usually beyond our control.
WHY IS MY PAYMENT LATE?
1. The number one reason models do not receive their payment on time is their failure to fill out a W9 form.
2. The number two reason models receive their payment late is they did not inform us they booked, therefore we did not invoice for it. (This can cause major delays)
3. STAGE NAMES/DIFFERENT LAST NAMES - You use different names or have multiple last names.. Some people use stage names. If you go by John Jake but your last name John Jake Yonion. You need to let us know via email so we know how to locate your W9 form.
4. HUMAN ERROR - Nobody is perfect, not even All Around Talent or our clients. We try our best to be.
5. WRONG ADDRESS - Did you move? Models tend to move a lot. We do our best to keep up with you. If you move be sure to contact the post office and let them know of a change of address. Keep in mind this will add up to two weeks for you to receive your mail.
WHAT ABOUT UNEMPLOYMENT AND TAX FORMS FOR THE IRS?
All models are hired as independent contractors. You are responsible for your own taxes. You CANNOT claim unemployment with All Around Talent as you are not being hired as an employee. If you earn over $600 you should receive a 1099 from us by 1/31 each year. If you do not call us immediately at 818.470.1911. If you do not earn over $600 you will NOT receive a W9 form from us.
WHAT IF I GET HURT IN ANY FORM ON THE JOB?
All Around Talent is not responsible for any mental or physical damages caused to you or by you while working as an independent contractor on the job. All talent work on each job at their own risk.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A CLIENT DOESN"T PAY ALL AROUND TALENT?
Most of our clients are very large names in the business and have too much at stake not to pay another business for services rendered. If a client does not pay, All Around Talent will do everything in their ability to retain the funds including collections and legal actions. All Around Talent is not responsible to pay talent until payment has been received. In the extremely rare case a legal issue arises to receive funds from a client; payment could be delayed significantly. Ultimately the client is responsible for your payment. All Around Talent does not get paid until talent get paid so being paid is a shared mutual interest.
WHAT ARE SOME ALL AROUND TALENT NO NOs?
1. Its never a good idea to contact our clieits directly asking about payment. Always direct your questions to us. They will just be annoyed and tell you to ask us if you ask them.
2. Call and/or email All Around Talent asking where your payment is prior to the expected pay period.
3. We do not need a reminder that your payment is almost due.
4. Its never good to not show up to a job. Immediate termination is mandatory per our company policy.
5. Sharing of our information is a BIG no no. We need to keep the quality of our talent at a certain level requested by our clients which is why each model is approved before receiving a casting notice.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW?
1. We do not get paid until you do; therefore we assure you if a payment is late, we probably know because we want our money too. We all have bills to pay.
2. All models must be legal to work in the United States and have a SS# to work with us.
3. All models are hired as local hires. This means no travel expenses are paid such as gas, parking, hotel, flight, etc. Occasionally these things are paid for. WHEN that is the case it will be shared on the modeling registration. If it is not you can ALWAYS assume its a local hire job only.
4. We do not do skype interviews. If we are booking from photos it will be stated.
5. There are no other options for castings times. The times are set. If you cannot make it, there is nothing we can do to change it.
6. We do not release the location or the time of the casting unless you register for the casting